Your Birth Center
The Feeling Of Home
Personal. Safe. Comfortable. Inviting. Just some of the words our families use to describe how they feel in our care. Every visit is like coming home to your friends and family. The people, the ambiance, the rooms – all set up to celebrate the joy and exhilaration that is natural childbirth and becoming a parent.
We believe in developing trusting, personal relationships with the women and families we serve. We are attached to providing you with evidence-based information so you can make an informed choice that is right for your family. What else makes us different?
- We are nationally accredited by the Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers (CABC), the highest marker of excellence among free-standing birth centers nationwide. We are the only accredited birth center in the Santa Clarita and Antelope valleys.
- We hold bachelors degrees as a foundation of education, followed by midwifery degrees from accredited midwifery programs.
- We attained extensive clinical training in out-of-hospital births including waterbirths and home births, working for years under preceptorship of senior midwives at birth centers and at home births in Los Angeles.
- We are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP), Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Fetal Monitoring, and Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO).
- We are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). This is the highest credential in lactation support.
- All of our births are attended by two midwives or a midwife and a senior midwifery student, while most midwifery practices only offer one midwife and one birth assistant.
LM, CPM, IBCLC
Renee’s warm, straightforward nature and extensive experience in midwifery and lactation instantly puts clients at ease. In her, you’ll find a midwife who deeply believes in your ability to make the best decisions for you and your family. Having attended more than 1,500 births since opening her practice, you’re in experienced hands when you birth with Renee. She is committed to evidence-based midwifery and provides the research and information you need to choose the best path for you and your baby.
Renee supports more than just the physical aspects of your pregnancy and birth, offering guidance, connection, and humor at each appointment. Her journey began when she herself became a mother- the knowledge she acquired throughout the process, coupled with her heart’s passion for helping women embrace their innate ability to give birth naturally- guided her to serve.
Hello! I am Andrea Pongo, and I am a Licensed Midwife and Certified Professional Midwife. I had the pleasure of learning under Renee here at the SCV Birth Center with the wonderful families of Santa Clarita and the surrounding areas. Since becoming a licensed midwife, I have worked at the birth center in some capacity and am now joyfully accepting a staff midwife position.
My intention as a midwife is to be a calming and unvarying presence for your family. The journey through childbirth is vulnerable and humbling, and I believe every family can benefit significantly from compassionate midwifery care. My ultimate desire is for you to have a voice in your perinatal care and to step into parenthood confidently. I understand how intimate this time in your life is to you, and I would be honored to be invited into it!
When I’m not midwifing, you can find me playing outside with my four kiddos and my wonderful husband, training in Brazilian Jujitsu, and sharing great food with the people I love.
Prior to starting a family, Angie was the master scheduler and a project manager at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Most recently she worked for the Women’s and Infants’ Center at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, WA.
When she’s not at the birth center, Angie can be found in the hills around SCV on her mountain bike.
Maria has two cool kids, a cool husband and is often found poolside reading a book while ignoring her kids during their swim team practice.
Ultrasound Technician Owner On-Site Ultrasound
While providing the expecting parents with explanations of the images, she’s taking and exciting pictures of their little one. She also takes detailed images of important organs and vessels of the baby to get read by Board Certified Radiologists who ensure that the baby is healthy and growing appropriately inside the womb. Additionally, Tara prides herself on staying up to date in the latest ultrasound research and changes in ultrasound imaging to provide the best care possible for her patients at any age in the pregnancy.
When not performing ultrasounds, Tara enjoys being outdoors, biking at the beach, camping in the woods, and hiking in the mountains.
Your Home Away From Home
Please call our office to schedule a free tour and consultation with one of our midwives. You can also take a Google virtual tour by clicking on the button below.